Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Which shoe,Jimmy Choo

I wanted to buy myself a pair of shoes, a good pair, a decent pair for every day wear, for daily abuse, for rough use.I was trying to get the best buy at a reasonable cost, so understandably there was no brand loyalty .But I wanted a branded one too. So among the plethora of brands,the question is which shoe?

Woodland, to me looks like leather mounted on couple of small rocks ,not aesthetically appealing .Puma has some nice designs ,but 4k for a pair is too much .Out of budget .I had had a Nike once ..had bought it in 2004 for 1695/-and wore them for 3 years until they just gave away from all sides.

But now, for that amount, I would hardly get anything in a Nike store. The price range has jumped up exponentially .See, the problem with sneakers across all the sports brands is that below 2000, I will get stuff that would seem like Power shoes from the 90’s and better designs are in the range of 4-5 thousand.

When I look though magazines, I think why not a Jimmy Choo?

Alas but sadly, that much retail therapy would do me more harm than good. I want to have them, but I can’t .Disappointed at the high rates, I went to an iD store as I had a discount coupon for a 10% off. Really nice designs and very trendy footwear and excellent value for money .Somehow I came out from that too, maybe because I already have an iD.

Finally I went to the rack where Converse were displayed and it began to make sense to buy one of those kicks. Courtesy the sale and offers at the mall, the cost of a classic blue converse was pegged at 1095/-.At that price,it’ a pretty nice option. Its branded,recognized, canvas shoes that are all terrain all weather, durable and helps your youth quotient .No wonder people are sporting the All Star Converse a lot these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment